1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
Lots of things, moved to a different country, worked as a locum, bought a motorcycle, but most importantly:
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't make new year's resolutions, and I will continue not to make them.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No. A couple of friends did, but no one I'm really close to.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Germany, UK, Finland and I passed through the Netherlands, Belgium and France on my way to the other places. (These horrible drives have to count for *something*).
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
A sex life that includes more than just me and my toys? Honestly, 2010 did not lack much, so I'd be happy if 2011 just continued that trend.
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
31.03.2010 because I had to officially turn in the dissertation on that day or pay for another six months.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Finishing the diss, moving to another country and getting the job I wanted
9. What was your biggest failure?
Still not over The Crush and still refusing to tell him about it.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nah, most I did was do my back in a couple of times sleeping on terribly soft beds in locum accommodations.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Ebook reader. No doubt about it. And I say that as someone who spent way too much on frivolities this year. I love my huge telly and the printer/copier/fax but the eBook reader tops them all.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Can't think of anyone.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Prof. Blub, The Bitch Queen From Hell, lots of silly people.
14. Where did most of your money go?
The move. And tech toys afterward. And I regret nothing!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Camping trip this summer. Seeing the Norther Lights in December. Finishing the diss.
16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2010?
Take it off
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
I. happier or sadder? happier
II. richer or poorer? richer
III. fatter or thinner? about the same, but sadly less fit
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending the holidays?
I spent them working. This included - as always - waiting for clients to come in, eating lots of junk food, knitting, reading and playing silly addictive games on facebook.
21. How will you be spending New Year's?
I spent it at my desk, reading fanfic and going to bed at around midnight.
22. Did you fall in love in 2010?
No. But I'm still in love with The Crush and don't seem to be able to change that so that's quite enough emotional drama for me.
23. How many one-night stands?
None. I'm boring.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Probably Merlin. But I've been catching up on a lot of shows over the months and enjoyed most of them.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hate is a bit strong. Dislike, sure but hate? No.
26. What was the best book you read?
I liked Beat the Reaper, but I've mostly been rereading old favourites this year. (ebook reader, remember?)
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Ummm. Can't think of anything. I still like most of what P!nk comes up with?
28. What did you want and get?
A job at the place I'm working at.
29. What did you want and not get?
I wanted to go to my best friend's wedding. BA didn't let me. No I'm not still annoyed about that.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I haven't seen many films in cinema, but I guess Inception.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 30 and I was working the night and probably sleeping during the day.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If I'd managed to convince a couple more of my colleagues at the Vorhölle to quit at the same time I did.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
I don't have to wear a white coat any more! Scrubs forever!!!
34. What kept you sane?
Who says I've ever been sane? My friends and the internet keep me from wanting to kill too many people.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I usually don't fancy celebrities.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Every single one I paid attention to. I try to avoid it.
37. Whom did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
The best? No idea. I've worked with a couple of very nice nurses this year.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010?
I actually know what I'm doing and it's possible to work in my job and get paid a good salary.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I just wanna live while I'm alive.
Reflecting over the past decade would take too long for this entry. Those were *busy* ten years.
Now I'll eat the last of the mince pies and maybe knit some more. (I've started knitting because motorcycle repairs in <0° temperatures just aren't fun. Oh hell I've got *hobbies*...) comments on the original post. See http://ridicully.dreamwidth.org/251705.html to comment.