Back from the US and posting a second entry in a month. The end times might be near.
- Conference was fun and interesting as always, touristy things have been achieved - I even managed to get a few pictures up on Facebook before they fell victim to the 'need to sort and post-process' urge.
- Was weirded out like crazy when visiting the Capitol and went up to see Senate in session when they started the session with a nice public prayer. Followed by the pledge of allegiance to freak me out even more.
- Did some geocaching, Ingressing and LOTS of just general walking. (We shall not talk about the brief moment of near-fainting at the end of a 20k hike in the sun without food or water. Because that never happened.)
- Avoided the pope expertly and wasn't even inconvenienced by everything shutting down for his visit.
- Acquired a new phone and am currently enjoying having a mobile made in this decade.
- Ran the conference fun run 5k. And a Tough Mudder the weekend before. And a trail half in August. I am also signed up for another mudrun in October. And considering another trail half in January. I seem to have settled into this running thing. So weird.
- Roommate at the conference kept moaning at me about the reasons she quit her job - we used to work for the same company - and it was really hard to keep the sympathetic murmurs up at the appropriate level. All of her reasons are part of why I like this job. Unsocial hours? Unpredictable last minute shifts? 60+ hour weeks? Yes, that's the POINT.
Now I'm back at my computer, on call week for Translation, and answering random questions about the OTW. Because err, yeah, have I mentioned? I signed up as candidate for the coming elections. I might even manage to make a post that focuses mostly on that at some point. Possibly. We'll see.
Have a Tough Mudder pic: